To start of 2015 XS Nightclub inside the Encore Hotel & Casino made some major updates to their venue. Blackout Artist DJ Ikon put the new system through its paces on Monday January 5. Ikon also happened to be celebrating his birthday and the waitresses of XS presented him with a custom birthday cake before he took the decks. The new production and visualization elements are spectacular, and the club's press release on PR Newswire said:
The technology and production upgrades incorporate the latest and best in video, lighting and pyrotechnics, including:
- A massive flame and pyrotechnic system that soars above the roof of the pool deck, generating aerial effects that will be a staple of XS Nightclub with which no other venue can compete.
- A DJ booth surrounded by 14,000 LED (RGB) lights and production upgrades that include a new overhead structure and movable LED video screens (up, down and rotating) on all sides.
- A massive DJ booth, the focal point for dynamic lighting and video displays that can be seen from all angles of the club, both inside and out.
- A double kabuki drop in front of the DJ booth featuring projection-mapped, state of the art video content, and allowing for a dramatic unveiling for headlining DJs – a brand new element in the Vegas nightclub scene.
- Massive LED node details that cover the entirety of the club, allowing patrons to feel like they are part of the DJ's performance, regardless of position.
- An extension of technology and lighting into the outdoor pool area including screens on the outside of the club. This will allow club-goers to be fully immersed in the party from inside of the club to the outdoor space – seamlessly combining the two areas.
- Lasers and LED marquee-style string lights float from the palm trees to the bar soffit and around each cabana; creating a unique pixel mapped detail over the pool.
The new upgrades also feature unique technical specifications, which include:
- Four full color crowd scanning lasers and fixtures including Chauvet Nexus AW 7x7 LED panels, Clay Paky A.Leda B-Eye K10, Elation Platinum SBX Pro spot/beam, and Martin RUSH MH-5 Profile.
- A one-of-a-kind video screen design over the DJ booth, incorporating a 3-dimensional cubic layout. The video in this structure has been mapped pixel-perfect, enabling magnificent effects that are made specifically for this one-of-a-kind DJ booth.